This specification covers ten types of portland cement as follows:
- Type I-For use when the special properties specified for any other type are not required.
- Type IA-Air-entraining cement for the same uses as Type I, where air-entrainment is desired.
- Type II-For general use, more especially when moderate sulfate resistance or moderate heat of hydration is desired.
- Type IIA-Air-entraining cement for the same uses as Type II, where air-entrainment is desired.
- Type III-For use when high early strength is desired.
- Type IIIA-Air-entraining cement for the same use as Type III, where air-entrainment is desired.
- Type IV-For use when low heat of hydration is desired.
- Type V-For use when high sulfate resistance is desired.
Note–Some cements are designated with a combined type classification, such as Type I/II, indicating that the cement meets the requirements of the indicated types and is being offered as suitable for use when either type is desired.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 1.3 MB
- Product Code(s):
- M085-16-UL, M085-16-UL